Thursday, June 3, 2010

Along the Road

Authors note-This poem is about not knowing what you're future ahead of you will be, and I used a road to symbolize someones life.

Driving down the road not a person insight
I look out the window at the sun so bright
Where might I be going? I do not know
I hope the road ahead will surely show

Where does the long road end? Up ahead it blurs
I won't know the answer until it occurs
The road traveled behind me is my past
bumps and cracks in it went by slow and fast

What's far ahead of me; I'll have to find out
Choices could be bad, but that, I like to doubt
I may have a ways to go on this road
as I go, future is what I'll be showed

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you rhymed in the poem, you rhymed but it didn't make it sound immature. I really like that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the whole concept of the poem! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Natalie on the rhyming thing. This piece was really creative and fun to read, but still had a really serious, meaningful point. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole idea and form of this poem is really neat. I like how you used the concept of a road and turned it into the life of a person. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really cool! Like Natalie and Allison said the rhyming was great. I also liked the symbolism of a road representing life. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Delaney I love this poem. I can't rhyme for my life, and you accomplished it without making it sound sing-songy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete