Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spring

Authors note-This writing piece was inspired by the painting East is the Place. It is an oil painting on a large canvas. It was made from 1917-2004 by Milton Resneck. This painting reminded me of spring and life with all of the bright colors.

Spring,
A new beginning,
Time to renew,
Time to restart.
Now rain has come,
To wash away the sorrows of winter.
Wash away broken promises,
Wash away yesterday.
But bring new beginnings,
New lives unknown before,
To start the spring,
That will soon transform into summer.

5 comments:

  1. I love the flow of this poem. Kind of like a stream in the spring this poem pops up and has a gentle rhythm to it. Also what an optimistic time of year that is spring, with all this life blooming again. You described it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you strayed away from the literal elements of spring, like leaves and flowers, and talked about the mental aspect instead. I think this poem flowed very nicely, and I really got the feeling of spring. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the poem, but in the authors note if you described the painting a little more or had a picture of it I think it would help to see what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everybody right now. I really liked how you made it flow and strayed away from the real meaning of spring like Sophia and Daniela said. I also liked how you left it open for the reader to really think about what your writing about. It's more of an open idea in the fact that the reader can create their own meaning to the poem. I really liked this poem. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on this poem Delaney. Like everybody above said, the way that you described what you really wanted to say perfectly. But if you were to add a picture, I think that would really help and that way the reader can see the painting that inspired this, and then possibly see where your inspiration came from. But great job:)

    ReplyDelete