Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Limits

Authors Note-I wrote this poem about limits, because I'd been thinking about this a lot. When have you finally reached your limits, and how are you going to seperate right from wrong? I think this poem still needs a little bit of work though and put more concrete thoughts into it.

Limits; Where do they start,
Where do they end?
Your body, may always say no while
Your mind; your heart,
just may always say yes.
Messages conflict
Betraying half,
Without crossing a line.
A line not to be crossed,
that separates everything from insanity.
But when you don't stop, when you cross that line?
you plaster the white innocence
With a new color,
A new state of mind
That you had always prayed;
Prayed would never be experienced.
Leaving you with new questions;
Where does it stop,
When will forgiveness replenish your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love this poem. The flow and meaning to it are so deep that I actually got goosebumps reading it. I know how exactly you feel, and this captures that emotion perfectly. I think it would have a nicer ring to it if it was broken up more, but still great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this poem. I thought that the way you broke each line into the next was great, and it had a nice flow to it. I also liked the thought process behind it, because it brings up a topic that is hard to answer. Good job!

    ReplyDelete